TITLE 4. WEAPON CRIMES
SUBTITLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-102 (2011)
§ 4-102. Deadly weapons on school property
(a) Exceptions. -- This section does not apply to:
(1) a law enforcement officer in the regular course of the officer's duty;
(2) a person hired by a county board of education specifically for the purpose of guarding public school property;
(3) a person engaged in organized shooting activity for educational purposes; or
(4) a person who, with a written invitation from the school principal, displays or engages in a historical demonstration using a weapon or a replica of a weapon for educational purposes.
(b) Prohibited. -- A person may not carry or possess a firearm, knife, or deadly weapon of any kind on public school property.
(c) Penalty. --
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $ 1,000 or both.
(2) A person who is convicted of carrying or possessing a handgun in violation of this section shall be sentenced under Subtitle 2 of this title.